DEMO #2 (April 2)
First I'd like to thank you for your feedbacks, support, encouragements, ideas, issues.. it gave me a lot of energy to continue to work on it I need love !
Goal of this release was to improve/revers eng. some weird sections of the source code, then to document and improve it globally. Sorry, this release does not address the gameplay issue like speed, precision or ladders, there's only a few visible changes, but is a step in this direction - I cleaned my desk first before to work on it.
Also, I played a bit with the level construction kit...
- added an extra level (5 levels)
- in-game timer
- added easy/normal/hard mode (1st step, it doesn't change gameplay but things like lives number)
- hint for the cheat code (level selector)
- corrected the score bug - better point balance
- corrected various bugs when in 2 players mode
- less floppy access - quicker level transitions
- improved hold/release joystick/keyboard code - menu selector, transitions, in-game pause etc
- improved player status (score, lives display)
- big rewrites...
- Sadly for now it will fail with 512ST because of memory.. its on my todo list, please let me know if you own one.
(it's something about compilation, I don't know why yet)
improved player status
misc. animations while floppy access/data parsing
share it at will.
THANKS for your feedbacks !
You can post anything about bugs, compatibility issue here.
also check the About Sam > What's next thread if you didn't !